New Season, New Rules: 5 Things To Know About Skiing Vail Resorts This Winter
Vail announces new rules regarding Covid-19 for the 2021-2022 Season
A new ski season is on the horizon, and unfortunately the pesky Covid-19 virus is still going to have an impact on our time on the slopes. On the heels of Vail Resorts releasing their planned opening dates for 2021-2022, they have just announced updated rules regarding safety and protocol related to Covid-19. Many of the plans will sound familiar, while other have changed. But, The Snow Report has you covered for all you need to know once you hit the mountain!
5 Things To Know
- Mountain Access – Vail Resorts will no longer implement a mountain reservation this season. In addition lifts and gondolas will return to loading at full capacity.
- Face Coverings – Face masks will no longer be required outside, on lifts, gondolas, or on lift lines. However, face coverings will still be required indoors including restaurants, lodges, restrooms and rental and retail locations.
- Dining Reservations – On mountain restaurants will once again require reservations. Capacity size will be back to or near pre-pandemic levels. (where permitted by local health authorities) Reservations will also now open up the day before as opposed to day-of only last season
- Vaccinations – Proof of vaccination will be required to show for indoor dining at restaurants and cafeteria style dining concourses for guests ages of 12+. (This is currently the only aspect that will require proof of vaccination, unless required by local public health.) Vail is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated. Employees will undergo daily health screenings, wear face coverings indoors, regularly wash their hands, and stay home if feeling sick.
- Cashless Transactions – Save those ones to tip your bartenders later in the evening! All on-mountain transactions will be cashless (credit, debit, mobile-pay etc.), for rentals, lift tickets, dining, shopping and all other points of sale.
The More You Know
If Covid has taught use one thing, it’s that things are constantly changing beyond our control. Be sure to check with each of the Vail Properties before you visit and make sure you have the most up to date info. Also stayed tune right here to The Snow Report. As always we’ll try and keep you in the know of all things snow! You do the same, share your thoughts, tips and insider info with us in our Facebook Group or on Instagram. And until those lifts start spinning, stay safe out there Snow Reporters!